Hen Night Rules
Planning for a hen night to celebrate a new phase in life – marriage – for for the bride can be tough! The planning involves inclusion of a range of activities that is hoped to leave an eternal impression for the bride. We have compiled the Dos and Don’ts to celebrate the bride-to-be. These are guided by what is acceptable for her and the invited guests. For more Hen Night ideas, clickhere.
Photo by Threeboxstudio
- Ask the bride what she would like to do;
- Organise the event in advance;
- If you plan to hold the party at an entertainment venue, book up early, especially if you plan to do so during weekends and holidays;
Photo by Edwin Tan Photography
- Plan with a budget that everyone agrees on;
- Avoid games or pranks that are discomforting for the bride-to-be;
Photo by Les Macaroons
- Prepare a little gift or appreciation or token of memory for the guests; and
- Be prepared for the morning after; these may include a medicine pack with anti-heartburn medication, water, and preferably, breakfast!
Photo by Gene Lim Bridal Make Up & Hair
- Do not plan for an event that is too close to the wedding day. The bride will need at least a week’s worth of recovery time to look her best on her wedding day.
- Avoid forcing the bride to participate in activities that she is uncomfortable with.
Photo by AlexTan Artworks
- Avoid including the bride to provide fund for the hen night. Costs can be kept low and be borne by her friends.
- Avoid attempting to visit more than three locations for the event. Someone may be left behind, especially when one is tipsy!
Photo by WLOON Photography
- Avoid allowing anyone to leave with another group. It’s important that every person in your party to keep an eye out for each other.
- Avoid posting embarrassing photos on Facebook or the internet!
Whether it’s an intimate dinner gathering or a fun night out in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, a hen night is about celebrating the bride-to-be and her friendships. We hope this is useful for a safe and fun time minus the cold feet! Please share your experience with us in the comment section below.